Few words about usThe founder of the Institution is the City of Zagreb.
The institution "Dobri dom" of the City of Zagreb, within its competence, provides the following types of social welfare assistance to citizens in social protection needs:
- meals in public dining rooms (daily from 11.00 to 13.30) (weekends, holidays, public holidays (over 700 000 hot meals per year):
- PJ „Public dining room Branimirova, Kneza Branimira 3
- PJ "Public dining room Cerska", Cerska 3
- PJ "Public dining room Alfirevićeva", F. Alfirevića 6
- PJ "Thermal block – public dining room Kosnica" (meal preparation), Kosnica - Domovinska 10
- delivery of a hot meal to a house for the elderly people in social protection needs (PJ "Vozni park", F. Alfirevića 6, every day on weekends, holidays, public holiday – 155 125 hot meals per year)
- assistance in dairy food for children from 0-12 months for families in social protection needs (F. Alfirevića 6, 1x per month, quantities sufficient for 30 days),
- help in food packages for families in social protection needs (Zagreb Fair, 1 x per month – over 10 000 food packages per year)
Meals are prepared for the needs of public dining rooms in the Business Unit "Thermal Block Kosnica". The finished meals are then transported to the public dining rooms where they are distributed to fellow citizens in need. In accordance with epidemiological protection measures, lunch is not eaten in the dining room, but is taken outside with a limited number of people who can be in the dining room at the same time. It is obligatory to wear protective face masks and hand disinfection.
Creating and nurturing the authenticity of an organization means finding a way to face the challenge of diversity and stay true to yourself - authentic, and be accepted, have an impact on society for the benefit of the most vulnerable and at risk groups and work for the common good.
From the very beginning of the Institution's work, almost 20 years ago (2004), the figures speak in part about the authenticity of our Institution, which is binding: 30 million meals were distributed in public dining rooms; 2.7 million meals were delivered to the homes of elderly and infirm citizens in social need; 310 000 food packages were distributed to families in the Family Package Assistance Program; 68 000 packages of dairy food were distributed to families with children aged 0-12 months.
Since its foundation, the Institution has been active in the implementation of activities of public importance for the community, preparing almost 515 000 meals (Park Maksimir, 1.5., International labor day - 410 000 meals and distribution of cod on Ban Josip Jelačić Square - 35 000 meals).