Few words about usThe founder of the Institution is the City of Zagreb.
The City of Zagreb Institution "Dobri dom", within its competence, provides the following types of social welfare assistance:
- meals in public dining rooms, daily from 11.00 AM to 13.30 PM (every day, weekends, holidays, public holidays)
- PJ „Public dining room Branimirova, Kneza Branimira 35
- PJ " Public dining room Cerska", Cerska 3
- PJ " Public dining room Alfirevićeva", F. Alfirevića 6
- PJ " Public dining room Kosnica", Domovinska Street 10 (for users of the Shelter for the Homeless of the City Society of the Red Cross of the City of Zagreb),
- PJ "Thermal block Kosnica", Domovinska 10, Kosnica (meal preparation)
- delivery of a hot meal to a house for the elderly and infirm (PJ "Vozni park", F. Alfirevića 6, every day, weekend, holidays, public holidays)
- assistance in dairy food for children from 0-12 months (F. Alfirevića 6, 1x per month, quantities sufficient for 30 days),
- help in family food packages („ Zagreb Fair “, 1 x per month)
Meal preparation for the users of public dining rooms takes place in the Business Unit "Thermal Block Kosnica". The finished meals are then transported to the public dining rooms where they are distributed to citizens in social need. In accordance with epidemiological protection measures, lunch is not eaten in the dining room, but is taken outside with a limited number of people who can be in the dining room at the same time. It is obligatory to wear protective face masks and hand disinfection.
Menus for the users of the social services of Institution are planned 14 days in advance. Foodstuffs used for daily meal preparation must comply with the applicable legal regulations and ordinances on the quality of goods and foodstuffs in circulation, and must be correctly declared. Health control of food, drinking water and wastewater, as well as the assessment of microbiological purity in facilities for the production and trade of food is carried out periodically throughout the year by authorized institutions.
In these truly extraordinary circumstances in which we find ourselves, health and safety is our common priority. Timely, decisive and professional action from the very beginning of the epidemic and the provision of a sufficient amount of protective equipment for the appropriate security equipment of the system and thus the full implementation of epidemiological measures, enabled continuous availability of social services to citizens.
All employees of the Institution have been on the "first line of exposure", bravely, reasonably, professionally and with a heart full of love, all months and are still at the service of citizens.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic and the earthquake in the City of Zagreb, the institution has been preparing hot meals every day for institutions engaged in certain jobs related to the extraordinary circumstances in which we find ourselves: “Andrija Stampar Teaching Institute of Public Health”, Public Fire Brigade of the City of Zagreb and “Zagreb Emergency Medicine Service”.
As part of its activities, the institution prepares its meals for the following institutions arising from the social welfare sector of the City of Zagreb, for their users:
- " HOME DUGA - City institution for victims of domestic violence and the City of Zagreb.
- "CENTER NOVI JELKOVEC - Center for providing services in the community"
- “Day Care Center for Rehabilitation of Children and Young Adults MALI DOM-ZAGREB”
The institution very actively participates in the organization and implementation of vaccination of citizens of the City of Zagreb against SARS-CoV-2 virus by preparing, delivering and distributing meals to health professionals at the following vaccination points:
- Zagreb Fair - Pav6, Av. Dubrovnik 15, Zagreb: 220 meals
- Lucijan Vranjanin High School Zagreb, Trg hrvatskih pavlina 1, Zagreb: 100 meals
- Jelkovec Technical High School, Vladimira Strahuljaka 1, Zagreb - Sesvete: 100 meals
- Sports facility management institution - Dom športova, Trg Krešimira Čosića 11, Zagreb: 100 meals
Daily compliance with the principle arising from the Food Quality and Safety Management System - HACCP, ISO 9001:2015 quality management, ISO 14001 waste management system and ISO 45001 health and safety management system, guarantees our citizens in social protection the need of nutritionally high quality, healthy and a safe meal.